Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Twelve Days of Shmoopy - Day Twelve - THE END!!!

"On the twelfth day of Shmoopy my Airmen sent to me, TWELVE EXTRA DAYS!!!!!!! Eleven "I don't know what", ten Airmen's fingers, Block nine test study guide, eight military ornaments, seven lonely M&M's, six cans of Monster, FIVE AIRMEN'S COINS! Four Diet Coke cans, three enlisted buddies, two festive duckies and Aircrew wings for me to see! Yes, you read it right! Shmoopy is coming home AGAIN in February!! Can you believe it? Can you imagine how happy I am? Can you see me dancing my happy jig?

I STILL can't believe it and I've read that screen shot about 100 times. Someone seriously needs to pinch me. (actually, I'd rather you didn't - let's just pretend you did!) He's not even home yet and I'm already looking forward to next time! I'm so excited and I just can't hide it! (Pointer Sisters flashback!) How lucky am I? Here I was thinking that this Holiday Exodus would be the last time we see CJ for a long time. And now, I get to start the NEXT countdown!! (I promise I WON'T do the 35+ days til' Shmoopy!)

I couldn't be happier - I think I smiled last night for hours. Can you blame me? The ONLY thing that made me "slightly" frown was when Shmoops informed me that SEVERAL people have known about his "little plan" for quite awhile. AND I WASN'T ONE OF THEM. AND JOHN WAS. AND I HATE NOT BEING IN THE LOOP! Normally I'd give him a stiff talking to but how can I be mad at this? And the sneaky devil knew that! And loved every minute of it. He definitely pulled one over on his dear old mom! But you know what? I AM TOTALLY OK WITH THAT!!!! :-)

What a night......not only did I get THE BEST NEWS EVER but I also got to speak to Charlie's mom. Remember Charlie, CJ's new 7 year old pen pal? I emailed Dayna yesterday to ask her a blog related question - I needed help trying to manipulate hyperlinks. I noticed that SHE obviously knew how to do what I could NOT! (and gosh did I try.... A LOT) So I emailed Dayna and she happily agreed to help. We arranged for me to call her later - she thought it would be easier to help via the phone.

I called her around 6:00 pm my time which was only 3:00 pm her time. (they luckily live on the WARM West Coast) I expected a quick tutorial and maybe a minute or two of CJ and "C." talk. Figured it would be nice to tell Dayna in person (well, on the phone) how happy CJ is to have "found" her son. Forty-five minutes later, I hung up with a huge smile on my face. Dayna is as wonderful as I thought she would be - friendly, outgoing, well spoken and smart! I had a wonderful time getting to know a little bit more about her entire family. (I even learned she actually has three kids, not two like I thought!)

And the best, BEST part? I got to speak to "C." He asked his mom if he could say hello. I loved it! He was very polite and friendly - quite the young man. He received a letter from CJ yesterday along with a "gift." He told me how much he loved it. I won't talk about what he received since Dayna assured me that she would blog all about it, with AMAZING pics, sometime today. PLEASE pop over and check it out:Dayna's Blog (look Dayna, it worked!) I am sitting here anxiously awaiting her entry. (so is CJ!)

Well, the Twelve Days of Shmoopy has come to an end. And what a way to end! Shmoops gets HUGE points for his Day 12 submission. (sure makes up for Day 11!) I can NOT believe that he will be home tomorrow. We are a very happy family - one that feels truly blessed to be together as a complete 4-some for the holidays. Please keep CJ in your thoughts as he travels tomorrow. Maine is supposed to get more snow in the evening - CJ's plane is scheduled to land in Portland @ 7:38 pm.

Thanks to everyone who enthusiastically received and sang along with The 12 Days of Shmoopy. Thanks also to those who simply tolerated The 12 Days of Shmoopy (it's over, you can relax now!) But most of all, thanks to Airman First Class Shmoopy for playing along with your mom. She appreciates it more than you'll ever know. :-)

T minus one day and counting........ (DID YOU HEAR ME? I SAID ONE DAY!!!!)

33 comments:

Karen said...

Well, how's that for making up for the lame 11th day? I cannot believe he totally pulled one over on you like that. But good for you! And him! And the family! Another 12 days home! Okay, I'm done with the exclamation marks, I'm sure you're reading them into everything about now anyway. :D

Anonymous said...

I hope the visit is even better than you expect it to be.
Emily R

kim-d said...

Like Karen, I can feel myself getting extremely exclamation pointy over this whole Twelfth Day of Shmoopy revelation! I can't even tell you how happy I am for all of you...what a great Christmas present! And in addition to being exclamation pointy, now I'm also a little teary-eyed!

And CJ? I think it is truly remarkable that YOU thought to thank US! No wonder the Air Force wants you representing them in speaking to the public--Airman First Class/First Class All-Around Person! You MORE THAN ROCK, and I hope you have a great time at home.

Pam said...

YAY! How cool that he is only 1 day away! I had fun singing along with your song! And how awesome that you got such great news yesterday and you got to talk to little C and his mom! Fun stuff! I have met some of my very closest friends on this wonderful www!

Ness said...

CJ you rock, son!!!! You went out in style---you're forgiven for anything you've ever done or are going to do. Doing this for your mom and ending it with the biggest, most fantabulous day of all....I had to wake my son up and tell him and he said, "Tell CJ he did good and I'm proud of him if he will allow an almost 2nd Lieutenant in the Army to be proud of him!"

Hallie, I'm lighting candles tomorrow for a safe flight for AFC CJ and prayers will be numerous. Thank you SO much for sharing CJ with us and doing the 12 Days of AFC CJ Shmoopy. Hugs upon hugs upon hugs to you and I am so happy CJ is almost home. (((Hallie, John, CJ and Connor)))

Anonymous said...

aww, i am so happy for you!! that's great news. I am sure you are going to have an awesome visit! :)

Anonymous said...

Hallie, How wonderful is that? CJ is quite the man. Wanting to surprise you like that. 1 Day, 1 Day, 1 Day. I can't imagine how you are feeling today. Be sure and get some sleep tonight.

Michelle (FL)

Anonymous said...

How wonderful is this?
Great Job Schmoops! Bringing it home on the last day!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I am actually choked up a bit. And, go ahead and countdown. I would. Besides, you already counted how many days it would be from this visit to that!

Mama Tango said...

Oh my, I actually teared up on this one. What a great kid (ahem, sorry Shmoops, a great young man) you've got there! I'll be waiting for pictures of your visit!

CJ, I'm praying for your safe trip home, for your safety throughout your time here, and upon your return...well heck, I'm just praying for you!! You're the kind of role model I want for my boys too.

Kristi Smith said...

That is great Hallie! How exciting. Definitely made up for 11.

Could you please send me your address, if you already did . . . I lost it! =)

If you send it to be_scrappy@yahoo.com I will find it faster than if you send it to my e-mail on Blogger. Thanks.

Alice said...

I'm the 12th poster on the 12th day!!!! Wow - CJ really brought it home, didn't he?? This one actually made me cry. I am so happy for all of you and hope that you have a wonderful Christmas. You have the best gift of all - your time together as a family. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise! I'm so happy for your family. This last day will probably be the longest 24 hours you've had in a long time! Enjoy!

Mommi Tutu said...

Wooo hooo!!!!!! I'm so excited for you all and for an ADDITIONAL 12 days! Way to go Shmoops:) What a fabulous surprise for ole Mama!

*hugs, hugs, & more hugs* from IA!

Anonymous said...

That was the absolute best ending.

Moi said...

What a sneaky Shmoopy!

I am so happy for all of you ... have TWO wonderful visits!

Unknown said...

awe, I have chills for you. Enjoy your visit with your family and I look forward to hearing how amazing it was!

Susie said...

Hallie;
Does't CJ know about tissue alerts, tears are streaming, happy tears. What a kid you have, testiment to the fact he had a GREAT upbringing. Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy and then start that count down again, so you can Enjoy some more. We as military parents take our one days at a time anyway we can possibly get them. Holidays are just days, as any day that our military loved ones get to be by our sides is a definate Holiday in my book.
CJ you are a stinker(a good one though) keeping mom in the dark like that she should just a......squeeze the stuffing out of you when you get home and maybe if you will let her, hug you again for me, thanks in advance, cause I get to send virtual hugs to my girl in the AF.
Have a safe trip, CJ, and look forward to tons of pics when you get home.

foolery said...

Hallie, I'm here! I'm here! I've been checking in on the 12DOS but have had trouble commenting, for some reason. Blogger giving me fits.

Very happy for you and your family. Wishing CJ were about 10 years younger so one of my daughters could marry him some day -- but whoever "gets" him will be one very lucky chica.

Merry Christmas from your friend in wet wet wet California,

Laurie

Anonymous said...

See, you KNEW number 12 would be the best!!!!! AWESOME HALLIE!!! So happy for you and your family!

mapper

Debra said...

WOW HALLIE,

No wonder yesterday was kind of a "lame" day! He was too excited about Day 12! CJ, you are a sneaky guy! You could give your mom a heart-attack by springing this kind of good news on her!

How exciting that you got to speak to Dayna! Now you will have to impart some of your newfound wisdom on me.(Oh Please?)

The contest that I am having in CJ's honor is still going on over at my blog, so if anybody else would like to enter, come on by!

Hallie, the comments that people have left have been absolutely amazing. I do hope that you have gotten the chance to stop by to read some of them.

Have a happy, elated, wonderful day! I cannot wait to see a picture of CJ with his family!

Hugs,
Debbie

Anonymous said...

TOO COOL!! (sniff, sniff!)

Sandy said...

Oh, Merry, Merry Christmas!

Kellan said...

This note from your precious son brought tears to my eyes - he is so sweet and you are so lucky to have each other! I hope he and your have a very Happy Holidays. Take care. Kellan

kimmy said...

I can't believe CJ is coming home tomorrow AND he will be home again in February! Way to go CJ - you made your mom and dad so happy!
Have a safe flight!

Kimmy

Amy said...

so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

...>pinch<,>pinch<,>pinch<,>pinch<...Can ya feel that? >PINCH!<, >PINCH!< How 'bout now? lol... ;o)

...What wonderful news Hallie! This post made me cry... God bless you and your family this holiday season and always girl... And give CJ a hug and a "thank you" for me, okay? :o)

...Merry Christmas & blessings...

dawn224 said...

One day left hooray!

and 12 more in February! Hooray!

Maria said...

Wow. Super cool. Your writing style REALLY let me feel the way I'm sure you're feeling.

Maria said...

By the way, I remember Valley Girl. I didn't see that one as much, maybe like 10 times only. What about Fast Times?

Lizzy in the Burbs said...

Hallie, I hope you and your family have the best Christmas EVER! What a wonderful early present to learn that CJ will be coming home again in February, that's just great! Enjoy every minute, and God speed to CJ, a safe trip home. Take care!

The Creeper said...

OMG, how excellent is that bonus 12 days?!!! I'm so excited for you!

Burgh Baby said...

I knew you would come through. Way to make up for Day 11!

SEARCH AWAY!!!! (perhaps for a Prada bag for your favorite blogger?)

Google