The moment we saw him..... After SEVERAL frustrating delays, lots of crappy weather and one maintenance issue, Airman First Class Christoper "CJ" Twomey aka SHMOOPY arrived at approx. 9:00 pm. He was exhausted but thrilled to be home. We (John, Connor, me, my Mom, Tristen) met him right outside the gate with signs held high. What a wonderful moment. Can't believe he last stepped foot in Maine over 4 months ago! Sure seems like a lot longer...
This is one of the two signs we had waiting for him at the gate. We were all so tired at the airport that I forgot to get a pic of him holding it. So, he agreed to pose in the kitchen when we got home. :-) (always tolerating his mom's requests!)
Although I am entirely certain Shmoops was happy to see the rest of us, I am 100% positive this is the face he was MOST happy to see! His face just lit up as he got closer to her. Cute couple, don't you think?
This is Connor posing with the sign he made for CJ. He may have crappy penmanship but he has a heart of gold. He stood in the terminal with this sign above his head. How cool is it that a 14 year old would want to do that? (I thought the arrow idea was ingenious!) He really loves his brother and I really love this kid.
Two brothers together again. Connor could not stop smiling. :-)

Shmoops being dramatic, as usual. This kid loves the camera!! Not sure who he was talking to (I think it was John's mom) but he kept making this face. No complaints from me..... I just kept snapping away!
Thankfully, all his luggage arrived and we were able to get home quickly. Maine is being buried by more snow so driving was less than fun last night. We took 2 cars to the airport and happily made it back unscathed. CJ had a bit to eat when we got back and then Tristen's parents came to get her. How nice are her parents? Because of the snow, they didn't want Tristen driving by herself (they live 30ish minutes from our house and it's all back roads) So they dropped her off at 5:30, then went home, then waited through 2 flight delays, then drove back in the snow to get her, then took her home. At 10pm. All so Tristen could see Shmoops. Pretty cool, huh?
Everyone is still asleep (except John who is working) and I am one happy momma. It is so nice to have both my boys under the same roof. I already took both wieners upstairs and dropped them on CJ's head (for old times sake) and he didn't stir. Even after Chauncey gave him a Top Grade A-1 Wiener Tongue Bath. I don't think that dog missed a nook or a cranny (ick, I know, but he loves to lick!) but CJ never budged.
School is closed today, as is my office, so we get to stay in the house hunkered down with Shmoops. Can't think of a better way to spend a snowy Thursday. Thanks to EVERYONE who posted comments and sent emails hoping for CJ's safe arrival. It was wonderful to see how many people were keeping him in their thoughts as he whisked (or crawled) ever so slowly across the country. Your positive mojo obviously worked.
Think I'll go stare at him and see if he'll wake up....
Have a great "it's almost been 12 hours since SHMOOPY CAME HOME" day! :-)
34 comments:
Yay! Glad he made it home safe! I too am snowed in, not that it would matter much, I can't drive anyway! :(
CJ and Tristen are an adorable couple!
Love the signs! FUN stuff!
Yesterday was amazing and thank you so much for bringing me down with ya'll. Standing in the airport was so much fun watching everyone round the corner, me (the tall one) looking way back in the line to see if I could see him haha, and then we finally saw him round the corner in his ABU's cameras ready. Also looking at our cell phones to see how many minute had passed by. I so excited that he is home. And for no school of course. My mom said you and John are very nice, and was glad to finally have met you. It still feels like one of those days when I wake up, read the blog, and wait for him to call me before he goes to school. Time really did pass by! XOXO to all
Couldn't sleep all night--this was worse than first day of school and waiting for Santa combined hoping and praying that CJ got home. I've been up checking this site since 4 a.m.
Tristen is adorable!
So happy you're snowbound at home with your boys. Make cookies, have lots of laughs and pics and memorize every moment for your memory bank.
AFC CJ Shmoops, welcome home, son!
Thanks for the great photos and narrative! So glad that you are all together for the holidays!
Sigh...Hallie, I feel so much better knowing that CJ made it home! I even woke up at 5:30 am, Pacific Time just to check in on you! I am now going back to sleep with a smile on my face! Isn't it the best feeling in the world to have all of your birds back in the nest? I never sleep better than on the nights when my oldest is home from college.
Tristen is lovely. She actually reminds me of my oldest angel! What great pictures, but I do wish that there was one of you hugging on your boy!
Enjoy your happy day!
Oh, I just cannot even tell you how happy this post makes me. I've been stalking since the middle of the night, and now I'm sitting here grinning like an idiot in my cube at work...because we're not getting the FREEZING RAIN until later. Now that Shmoops is home, I'm HAPPY you all get to hunker down together today!
Hallisicle, thanks for all the pix--they are so fun! I just have to say that Connor's "arrow sign" is THE BEST--how darn cool is that??? That is such a heartwarming thing to see, and you can tell by their faces in the pic of the two of them together, that they are quite fond of each other. TOO COOL!
Not knowing what Shmoopy looked like prior to becoming A1C Shmoopy, I'll just say this...very mature-looking, and they obviously make sure their Airmen are in...ummm...VERY GOOD physical shape! Man, check out the guns on that Airman! And I can say this type of thing because I'm a Grandma :). I was so glad to get to see Tristen, too--could those two be any more adorable? CUTE, CUTE COUPLE!!
I'm just so happy you're all together. Have a great day basking in the glory of both sons under one roof with their loving parents!!!!
Hallie,
Is that PW's GH mag article I see hanging on your fridge? Girl...! You are too cute!
Hugs
Deb
OMG!!! I am so happy for you guys. Your family is beautiful. I hope and know you guys are going to have a great visit.
Buried in by snow???? Sheesh, it's 50 degrees with about 100% humidity down here.
YEA!!!!!
I'm so excited for you all and
L. O. V. E. the pictures!!!!!
Enjoy the day (all of them of course) and love those boys up Mamma!!!
I'm sure John's just dying at work so hope he gets to come home before too long.
Take care - now quit checking your blog and go back to staring at that handsome man in HIS bed where he belongs:)
Happy dance here in NC for you Hallie... Even the little long ones are jumping around, maybe they need to go outside again....
Glad to hear he is home and safe. That make my day. Great pictures and great sign.
Sorry about the snow, I will think of you while out today in 50+ degree temps.....LOL Gotta love the south.
I am so happy your son is home! Great pictures! I hope you guys have an amazing day together!
Marla
I am so glad CJ is home! Enjoy having your family all together and have a Merry Christmas!
Fran
Enjoy having both boys under your roof!
Welcome home A1C Shmoops!! Nice looking ABU's Enjoy your time with your family. Best wishes from another PAFM.
Happy,happy,happy dance! So glad that CJ made it home safe and sound, and glad that you all made it home safe and sound from the airport. (sheesh! what an ordeal) The pictures are great, the one of Connor and CJ made me want to cry, I can't imagine how much my boys would miss each other, even though they are trying to mame each other most of the time! :) Also, Tristen is one pretty girl, I bet they were both so excited to see each other! (LOVE her message she sent you, how nice is THAT?) Before I forget, Hallie, I just wanted to let you know that Debra W contacted me to let me know that I had won her contest. (so exciting, I never win anything!) I explained that I really didn't leave my comment for the sake of winning anything, was just opening my big yapper as usual,and I think it would be really nice if she gave the "prize" (gift certificate for Amazon) to CJ's little pen pal "C". He was so excited about getting CJ's belongings, thought he'd get a kick out of receiving a gift which was inspired by CJ. Could you please e-mail Debra with C's e-mail address so that she can send it to him? (no hurry, we know you're standing next to the bed watching CJ breathe in, and out, and in, and out. Have a super wonderful day with both of your adorable boys, so happy for you!
yea!!!! for CJ!!!!! I'm glad he made it in safely. Enjoy this time and have fun nesting!
I'll do the happy dance for you all here in Arizona! And, I'll do it outside so that you can vicariously enjoy our 65 degree weather! ;)
WELCOME HOME CJ!!!
I love the sign his brother made with the arrow- very clever! Enjoy your time together- whatever will you blog about now??!!
...YAY! Big hugs to you and your family Hallie! Someone we know is going to have a very, very Merry Christmas! Having your family all together is the best gift of all!
...Many blessings to you and yours... ;o)
Woo hoo! He's home! I was once that girlfriend. And now I have a better appreciation for my MIL. During the 12 days my then BF was home we got married. It had been planned for months of course, but meant that he didn't spend all that much time with his family.
Welcome home, CJ!
I want to see a picture of momma and son tomorrow please :)
So happy he is home safe!
Well, this just wraps up my week. There was something pending I just couldn't put my finger on . . . laundry? Always, so no . . . Christmas shopping? Did most of it last night . . . um -- oh yeah! CJ is coming home! Being a Flatlander I worried about the snow issues, so I'm glad to hear all are snug at home.
Please cocoon with your wonderful family and forget about the wienerblogs for a day -- we'll wait.
Your pal,
Laurie
p.s. Connor is ALL RIGHT! Love his sign.
All I can say is WELCOME HOME and AMEN!!! I'm so happy for all of you :) Enjoy each other, get lots of hugs in and don't waste a minute of your time together!
Judy
Welcom Home CJ and yes, they are the cutest couple ever!!! Have a wonderful Holidays with your precious family. See you soon. Kellan
This blog made my heart smile!
WELCOME HOME, CJ!! Glad to see you made it safe and sound. I know your family was on pins and needles until they saw you. Thank you for your service to our great country. I wish you all the best in your continuing career.
Hallie, stop staring at him when he is sleeping, you are going to scare the, you-know-what out of him if he wakes up and sees you sitting there staring at him, LOL!! Let the boy sleep. Oops, sorry, Let the "man" sleep.
Tristen and CJ are just way too cute!! That was so very nice of you to take her with you last night, I am sure CJ appreciated it too. Well, enjoy him while he is home and am lookig forward to lots of pics.
PAFM Sue T
Welcome home to Shmoopy! aww, i loved this post, Hallie! loved all the pictures. i am so happy that you are reunited with your son again. :)
Glad CJ made it home safe and sound. Have a nice Christmas you guys..
Stacie
I'm glad your son made it home safe and sound!
Ahh, that is sooo cool. I can just imagine how happy you are. Thanks for sharing those pictures!
YAY!!! That's awesome. Glad that the family can be together for the holidays!
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday together. There is light in these photos.
Emily R
Aww..this made me cry. I remember seeing Jamie come off the plane many times and the rush of overwhelming feelings...I'm so glad he's home for a while.
He's a handsome boy. You are blessed.
Enjoy him while he's home!!!
Post a Comment