Is it just me or...does the name and cartoon picture IMMEDIATELY curb your interest in trying these? Assuming you were ever insane enough to want to try low sugar sweetened black beans. But if you were curious enough to give these a go, I ASSUME you changed your mind when you saw the gorilla picking a winner. Right? Right?Is it just me or...does everyone else get told AT LEAST 3x that your hair looks fantastic ON THE DAY YOU ARE GETTING IT CUT? Can't they tell that I'm at my wits end and can't do a damn thing with my hair and are ready to kill someone if I DON'T get it cut RIGHT NOW!!! Why then, is THAT the day, everyone thinks I look awesome??? WTF?
Is it just me or...is everyone that's in a VERY HAPPY, LONG TERM, WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING relationship, tempted to have both you and your spouse log on to MATCH.COM or eHARMONY, fill out their questionnaire and see if you get matched up with each other??? Well, aren't you all dying to do that? Cuz I sure am. Unfortunately, John doesn't feel the same way. He apparently doesn't see the merit in my idea. Can't imagine why. I think it's a brilliant idea...in the name of science, of course.
Is it just me or...are other moms/wives occasionally astonished at the sheer VOLUME of what comes out of the men in their lives? Or the girth? Or the length? Can I possibly be the only one that gets scared at what I unhappily stumble upon once in a blue moon? And I DO mean scared. I think I might even need therapy to get over this last "find."
Is it just me or...are other people bothered that they somehow retain TOTALLY stupid and TOTALLY unimportant facts in their head? Like why the hell do I STILL remember that John's boss of a million years ago LOVED Stevie Nicks? It's totally annoying to INSTANTLY think of a man you barely ever knew EVERY TIME you hear Ms. Nicks on the radio. And why does my brain refuse to forget what graduation song the sister of a former friend of mine sang at her high school graduation? I don't even TALK to this former friend anymore let alone her sister. Damn stupid brain....
Now it's YOUR turn.
Is it just me or...is everyone that's in a VERY HAPPY, LONG TERM, WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING relationship, tempted to have both you and your spouse log on to MATCH.COM or eHARMONY, fill out their questionnaire and see if you get matched up with each other??? Well, aren't you all dying to do that? Cuz I sure am. Unfortunately, John doesn't feel the same way. He apparently doesn't see the merit in my idea. Can't imagine why. I think it's a brilliant idea...in the name of science, of course.
Is it just me or...are other moms/wives occasionally astonished at the sheer VOLUME of what comes out of the men in their lives? Or the girth? Or the length? Can I possibly be the only one that gets scared at what I unhappily stumble upon once in a blue moon? And I DO mean scared. I think I might even need therapy to get over this last "find."
Is it just me or...are other people bothered that they somehow retain TOTALLY stupid and TOTALLY unimportant facts in their head? Like why the hell do I STILL remember that John's boss of a million years ago LOVED Stevie Nicks? It's totally annoying to INSTANTLY think of a man you barely ever knew EVERY TIME you hear Ms. Nicks on the radio. And why does my brain refuse to forget what graduation song the sister of a former friend of mine sang at her high school graduation? I don't even TALK to this former friend anymore let alone her sister. Damn stupid brain....
Now it's YOUR turn.
RULES
~Throw together a list of all those things you think in your head...all those things that make you wonder "Am I the ONLY one that thinks this???" (Hence the "IS IT JUST ME OR..." title!!) All those things that you just KNOW others wonder about but never say!!!
~Things you need to know to get started:
*Put together your list. (Can't wait to see what you come up with each week!)*Mention my blog and link to my current edition of "IS IT JUST ME OR...."
*Hop on back over here and add the link to YOUR entry to the MckLinky list at the bottom of my post.

And while you're here, why not grab my new button and slap it onto your post! That way, if people click on it, they will be transported over here to the Wonderful World of Wieners. And who doesn't want to be transported to a world full of wieners? (The code to the button is at the top of the right hand column.)Have fun and get linking!!! And don't forget to click over and visit those brave bloggers who linked up!! Tell them Hallie sent you!!


And while you're here, why not grab my new button and slap it onto your post! That way, if people click on it, they will be transported over here to the Wonderful World of Wieners. And who doesn't want to be transported to a world full of wieners? (The code to the button is at the top of the right hand column.)Have fun and get linking!!! And don't forget to click over and visit those brave bloggers who linked up!! Tell them Hallie sent you!!
8 comments:
Gorilla Boogers -YUM!
Haircut _Uh , yeah! I have totally had that happen. Can't they tell I need a haircut? LOL
Match.Com -I just heard a couple talking about this the other day. Very funny. I'll bet you two still match up.
Husband -OK , you can't just tease us. I demand to know what you found. I need to know. LOL
Stupid Facts -Those are the only kind I can remember :P
I think the name Gorilla Boogers is HI-larious but, um, sweetened black beans? Really?
No thanks!
Gorilla boogers look gross. However, this is coming from a girl that would cook ground beef and serve it to her girls when they were younger and call it Hamster Poop and they would gobble it up.
Gorilla boogers? Who thinks of these names?
Actually John (my John, not yours) and I have often thought of doing that. We wondered why we were never matched on match.com but realized it was because I always put within 10 miles and he lives 30 miles from me. My kids' high school English teacher, however, WAS one of my matches!
The great hair day/hair cut day happens to me all the time!
Um... the volume thing? I'd rather not think about it, although John WILL tell me all about it. yuck.
I have all kinds of useless trivia stuck in my head (like I remember the song we learned about the ten commandments in first grade... FORTY-EIGHT years ago to this day!
OMG! I totally want to do the e-harmony thing with Ervin. Especially when I was pregnant - I kept having urges for us to see if we were "totally compatiable." How funny....
Sweetened black beans? Do people really eat those and NOT die from the sheer grossness?
I LOVED this. So funny! Especially about stupid facts.
I really want to do the Match.com thing. If it didn't cost anything I totally would see if my hubby and I got matched up. Although if we didn't I may be devastated.
Post a Comment