Monday, January 5, 2009

MORBID MONDAY - It Could Have Been Ugly!

Our New Years Eve was relatively tame this year. And by tame I mean, no one ran around BK's house in their birthday suit. No one covered themselves in spray cheese and offered to be an appetizer. And no one got rip roaring, howl to the moon, profess his/her undying love for everyone else in the room drunk.

But we could have. Cuz although we did not drink excessive amounts of alcohol, we drank a large VARIETY of alcohol. Which generally speaking, not only leads to a shitty ass hangover the next day but also potentially leads to someone going face down in one of BK's toilets.
(I was so afraid that would happen, that early in the evening I made a sad attempt to label one of their 3 bathrooms a VOMIT ONLY room. I figured if one of us HAD to vomit at some point, it would AT LEAST be nice not to have that room previously sullied by one of the "pooperific" men in attendance.)

Thankfully, it never came to that. Which still amazes me. Cuz at some point throughout the evening, all of us had some of the following:

*CORONA WITH LIME (beer)

*BLUE MOON WITH ORANGE (beer)

*SHOTS OF PATRON (tequila)

*SHOTS OF FRUIT INFUSED ABSOLUTE (vodka)

*SCARLETT O'HARA (Southern Comfort & Cranberry)

*JELLO SHOTS (Red Bull & vodka)

(There were also 3 bottles of champagne but they never got opened. We had JUST.HAD. ENOUGH.)

Even rereading the above list makes me wonder how we didn't end up like this:

Or this:

Or even this:

Wouldn't have surprised me if one of us woke up to this:

or this:

or even this:

Guess we all lucked out.
Guess the New Years Eve Gods were smiling down on us.
Guess it's a good thing cuz if ANY OF US had done ANY OF THE ABOVE, Blender Kimmy would have KICKED OUR ASS!!

23 comments:

Cupcake Blonde said...

I am embarrased to report I have had one of these moments, although no photgraphic evidence of it. The Christmas right after I turned 21 we went of a family friend's house for Christmas Eve like we did every year. These friends have four kids, all of which had babysat my brother and I throughout our childhood. So it was a big deal for them to get me drunk. Let me just say if any of the M family asks if you want a drink, say NO! My mother tells me my Dad carried me to the car and I woke up Christmas Day, still in my velvet Christmas dress, a pile of vomit all over the floor next to my bed. I had to spend the beginning of Christmas scrubbing my room, sick as a dog. The worst part, my address book had been on the floor next to my bed and was under the mountain of vomit. I had to flip through stuck together pages of throw-up smelling names and addresses to transfer everything to a new address book.

claudia said...

Oh puke!
Although not as morbid as some you have done, it was sick enough!
I don't recall ever doing something like that. (yea, right!)
I am glad your New Year's celebration was vomitless!

Flea said...

Alright. It's nearly 4 AM, I'm working the night shift at the psychiatric hospital, am eating a cuppa ramen noodle soup while I read, and I scroll down to THOSE PICTURES. Thank you, Hallie. Ew.

Unknown said...

I wonder how DEAD the photographers of these pictures became? Nothing says friend more than taking a picture of you at your absolute worst.

And then posting them on the internet.

Hohni said...

Oh My Lord!! Where do ya come up with these things? LOL!!!!!!!!!

Laura ~Peach~ said...

i have been where most of those are but I really did not NEED to see that... I am proud of you all that you did not end up there !
:) thanks for welcoming in monday with flair and absolute grossosity!

Unknown said...

hallie...NASTY! Good thing we do not have 'smell-a-net', I'd be hugging the porcelain throne myself!

~AirmanMom returning to her blog...

Laura Marchant said...

Breakfast! I am eating breakfast, darn you :-)

Sornie said...

In all of my wilder New Year's Eves prior to this one, I don't think I've ever seen someone vomit. On other occasions it's almost occurred on a regular basis but my crowd can truly hold their booze on NYE.

Just Me said...

I was sixteen, and went to my then-boyfriend's stepbrothers' halloween party dressed as a sleazy little French maid.

Stepbrothers had a lovely pink concoction in a punchbowl that was mysteriously identified as "jungle juice." The stuff tasted like Kool-Aid. I had no idea it was loaded with alcohol. That s--t was way too easy to drink.

I enjoyed several cupfuls before boyfriend's mother noticed and shooed me away, telling boyfriend he'd better keep an eye on me.

I remember feeling fine until I was bent over and petting stepbrothers' brand-new litter of kittens when the world rushed in at me. Whoooooaaaa...

I told boyfriend I needed some air. He took me outside, sat me on the fender of a junked car, and I proceeded to fall into the most horrible crying jag of my life. He was so patient about it, too.

I distinctly remember him telling me that if I had to yark, to do it "that way," and when the time came I remembered, but I fell off the fender in the process. Thankfully, I did not land in my vomit.

Thankfully, I was spending the night at the boyfriend's house (my own room) so my mother never knew about it.

I remember how I never wanted a toothbrush so badly in my life.

As Cape Cod Turns said...

Hallie, I had to skip the pictures! Yuck! Glad no one had to use the puke only bathroom! :)

Just Me said...

And -- oh, yeah -- I'm glad my son is in school today.

He's one of those sympathetic pukers.

Of all the weird stuff you find for Morbid Monday, I think the puke is in the top five.

MaBunny said...

Oh /gag Hal.
My BFF and I had a night like some of those pics in this post. I didn't vomit all over the place but she sure did. We had had a bad day at work, and decided to go to Margaritaville after work. In the meantime my mom decided she was going to bring over a mexican casserole for us for dinner.
do u see where I'm going with this?
Mexican casserole, plus margaritas, plus daiquiris PLUS shots of the liquor sans any juice additives.
my BFF kind of half passed out on the couch , only awaking long enough to start puking on a cross - stitch pillow I had just finished making. I could have killed her.
Glad none of you got to that point on NYE.

katy said...

You sure know how to ruin a bowl of cheerios. I should have thought about the fact it was Monday before I clicked on your name.

Michelle said...

I remember exactly the last time I had one of those moments. But I NEVER miss the porceling/bucket. It was the evening of my 42nd Birthday. I had a karate promotion that afternoon and hubby and I had planned to stay in Portland and party with some friends and my brother. Kerin (who is a black belt and could kick my ass) proceeded to take us to Cosmic Bowling and then to a Karaoke Bar. There she had me drinking everything in sight. I was fine, I swear, until we walked to the car. Everyone said their good byes, I got in the car and could not focus enough to tell hubby how to get us back to the hotel. I remember calling Kerin at 3 in the morning asking for directions. Bad BAD night. I have not drank since then. That is almost 6 years ago. Well, I have had a few but not to that extreme. Thanks for reminding me why I don't drink like that anymore. I know I can always count on you to keep me straight.

Ness said...

When will I ever learn?

Have a great day, Hallie!

If I had been KB, I would have you stake out designated spots in the far back yard to toss your cookies in and my bathrooms would have been off limits.

Mommy Mo said...

Those pictures are AWESOME! I wonder if anyone caught my Kodak moment 15 years ago, when I was upchucking in front of the big bank of windows at IHOP at 3am one morning, after a night of partying. My BFF held my hair for me (isn't she nice?!) and the patrons of IHOP got to watch me upchuck a whole lot of alcohol. The best part- after I was done blowing chunkcs, we then went inside and ate breakfast!!!!!!!!!

Odette said...

I have been one of those people at one time of my life, but thankfully no one ever took a photo! ewwwww!

*Lissa* said...

I felt like shit Christmas morning. The shots did me in. Although, I can happily report that I did not vomit all over myself.

Tonjia said...

I used to belong to the hug the thrown and hurl club.. but I truly hate puking more than I love alcohol, so I quit drinking.

why does it always look like you have eaten corn when you puke?

Anonymous said...

Gagging!
Thank you for that ....

4funboys said...

eewwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm looking for information about Snake wine, do you have any ?
This is Snake wine:
http://www.asiansnakewine.com/
I found your website on Google when searching other shops to buy Snake liquor but I can't find any more information here.

thanks for help.

SEARCH AWAY!!!! (perhaps for a Prada bag for your favorite blogger?)

Google